Our Hospitality and Catering competition team gained a record haul of medals when they took part at the Welsh International Culinary Competition in February. The team, led by lecturer James Brooke, competed against colleges from the UK and Europe.
Although the competition was fierce our learners were awarded three gold medals, seven silvers, three bronze and one merit. The medals were in a range of classes in kitchen and front of house.
Medals were awarded to the following learners:
- Yvonne Adeku – Gold in cook and serve
- Kim Magbuhat – Gold in cook and serve
- Matthew Mpala – Gold in classical cookery
- Yvonne Adeku – Silver in classical fish dish with filleting
- Bayleigh Jordan – Silver in napkin folding
- Kallum Hart – Silver in fruit cuts
- Bayleigh Jordan – Silver in themed table setting
- Omotoyosi Opeloyeru – Silver in classical chicken
- Georgina Harrison-Brandon – Silver in classical fish dish with filleting
- Matthew Mpala – Silver in pasta
- Bayleigh Jordan – Bronze in cook and serve
- Jay Patel – Bronze in gateau making
- Kim Magbuhat – Bronze in Welsh beef
- Kallum Hart – Merit in front of house salad
Well Done to all our winners!
Check out more photos on our Facebook page
This could be you with a catering qualification from Henley College Coventry.