AoC West Midlands is the leading regional voice for colleges. Association of Colleges West Midlands represents the interests of 38 further education, sixth form and specialist college
We promote and represent the work of colleges by working with our partners and other agencies including funding bodies, Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs) and Ofsted. We support our members by providing opportunities for professional exchange, quality improvement and organisational development.
In 2015/16 we have:
- Made representations to regional policy makers, funders and other organisations including Ofsted, LEPs and the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA)
- Delivered a planned programme of professional development networks for college staff
- Supported colleges to prepare for area-based reviews
- Run an extensive regional development programme for college governors
- Managed a Department for Education (DfE) funded project to improve the teaching of English and maths
- Worked closely with the AoC national office to provide support and advice to colleges across the whole range of their activity
Colleges offer a diverse range of courses, from A Levels and Vocational Qualifications, to Apprenticeships and Business Training, and short courses just for fun. Whatever your interest or ambition for the future, your local college is a great place to start on the road to success.